Hey, friends, how’s it going? I just woke up so this post might seem like I’m tired and that’s because I am. My Grandma is having me paint her fence today and I want to get it done early because I’m using the money to get my cheese nips pierced. Anyway.
So, I’m a Member of the Church of Satan, which was founded in 1966 by High Priest Anton LaVey. Satanism is a religion of individuals, which means the Church doesn’t take stances on ideals that might be coming up through the ages such as politics. One thing they do stand by, though, is the hard separation of Church and State- they even pay their taxes!
Often times, we get confused with The Satanic Temple, which is very different. That’s like confusing “The Room” with “Room”. They veeeery different movies. In my research, I’ve found that The Satanic Temple was founded in order to push the government’s buttons. During an interview with The New York Times, Malcom Jerry, one of the co-founders, said that he wanted to create a religion “that met all the Bush administration’s criteria for receiving funds, but was repugnant to them”. The Temple was founded in 2012 and began demonstrations in 2013.
Here are their tenets:
- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one’s own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and remediate any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
Now, though I don’t agree with The Satanic Temple, nor do I wish to shit on them, I don’t need politics in my religion. But, I’m not here to talk about me today. It’s time, instead, for the latest entry in…
Today, we are speaking to Tim Miller, who is a member of The Satanic Temple. Tim is also author with titles such as Satan’s Highway, Snuff Film, and Coulrophobia but he did NOT direct Deadpool. According to his bio, “Tim Miller is a horror author with over 40 books in print in the U.S. and Germany. He lives in Texas which provides him lots of scary locations and ideas to pass on to his readers. His trusty sidekick, a chihuahua named Sancho, sits by his side and supervises his writing activities”.
Tim can be found on Twitter and probably other social media platforms, but I know him from Twitter, so. According to his website, Timmiller.org, he loves interacting with fans so go bug him.
So, please put your hands together for the wonderful Tim Miller!